- Chairman’s Message
- Why Choose IPS
- Mission Statement
- Core Values
- Cambridge Assessment
Mr. Ghazi Mohammed Alabadi Al Rawas
Chairman International Pioneers School Salalah, Oman
It is my pleasure to welcome you to our esteemed international school, where education goes beyond classrooms and textbooks.
I would like to thank the founder Mr. Mohammed Alabadi Al Rawas for his far-fetched vision in creating and establishing an educational haven for the children of Salalah. His dream of giving quality education to the children of his hometown became a reality in 2010 and has expanded to an international center of excellence.
At IPS, we are committed to fostering creativity, and instilling a sense of discipline and integrity in young minds. Our dedicated teams of educators strive to create a conducive learning environment for students to explore, question, and innovate. We believe in not just imparting knowledge, but also in building character, resilience, and a passion for refined knowledge.
As the Chairman of International Pioneers School, I am proud of the achievements of our school and its vibrant community. Together, we aim to provide a holistic education that equips our students with the skills and knowledge they need to thrive in an ever-changing world.
I encourage parents to actively participate in their child’s educational journey, and I extend my gratitude to our talented staff for their unwavering dedication. Together, let’s continue to inspire and empower the future leaders of tomorrow.
Thank you for being a part of the IPS’s family.Warm regards
Why Choose IPS
IPS was initiated in 2010 and was recognized as an international private school in 2015 by the Ministry of Education Oman. International Pioneers School-Salalah is a Cambridge affiliated School, privately-owned co-educational, international school which offers premium-quality education of an international standard to students from Playgroup to Grade 12 level and, hence, enjoys the reputation of being one of the most prestigious international schools in Oman.
Almost since the inception of this School, we have enrollment from all over the world. Our student body reflects today twenty-two different nationalities.
Why do Parents Choose IPS?
- The school community has a deep commitment to multi-cultural appreciation and cooperation. This diversity is one of the most valuable aspects of the school.
- There is a great variety of subjects offered, catering to a wide range of scholastic aptitudes. We also have departments of ESL (English as a Second Language) and Core (easy) Math for students who require it. Upon gaining sufficient academic proficiency through these departments, the students are able to join the mainstream of the extensive studies in these subjects.
- The teacher-to-student ratio is relatively very high: 2:25 in the Junior Section and 1:6 in the Senior Section. We try to keep a maximum of twenty-five students in each class in order to effectively address the students’ individual differences and to give students the opportunity for optimum growth, according to their particular gifts and talents.
- Internally, the School is very dynamic. We believe that extra-curricular activities form an integral part of the learning and development of all students as these kinds of activities complement the formal curriculum. Hence many colourful activities, functions and ceremonies are held in which all of the students participate in both the performance and presentation segments. In addition, the students enjoy Club Activities that are run in the periods designated for each grade level. Rounding out the extra-curricular side of school life at IPS are the yearly field trips, and various historical and geographical places of interest in Oman.
- Externally, the School is very prolific in its participation in, and success achieved at the multitude of national and international contests and competitions in which it enters throughout the academic year. These are competitions such as Kangaroo International Mathematics Contest, the WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals) Quiz/ Speech Competition, the Alliance Francaise French Singing Competition, the U.K. Young Learners Art Competition, the WWF Nature Carnival, the Wetlands Gala Festival Competition and the DAWN in Education Annual Spelling Bee. We are very proud of our students participating in these competitions and contests.
- The magnificence of the IPS campus structure itself, as well as the many excellent facilities available for the students, makes International Pioneers School-Salalah an exemplary institution for academic and social learning.
- IPS is particularly proud to be offering bi-lingual curriculums to its students. Our students at the key time of choosing their career paths in Grade 9 are advised by our dedicated Career Counsellor on which pathway to choose according to their aptitude and academic achievements. We offer students the Ministry of Education of Oman high school curriculum parallel to the IGCSE /AS level system.
- Finally, in addition to the scholastic classroom lessons, we have in place a set of concrete rules and regulations designed to enhance our students’ respect for both people and property. This establishes an internal society at the School which is safe and tolerant, priming the students for optimal learning as they interact with each other, with their teachers and with the material and structural resources and facilities that are provided for them.
The Mission of International Pioneers School-Salalah is to help our students become positive-thinking citizens who use knowledge and experience to develop their surroundings and to be active citizens in making a better future world.
To this end, our main aim is to help our students grow as responsible, knowledgeable, thinking adults who retain their culture and traditions and, at the same time, respect all other nations, races, and religions.
Diversity with respect is a strength
Nothing is achieved without enthusiasm
The only mistake is the one from which we learn nothing
The aim of education is knowledge not of fact but of values
Education is a step towards the future. We aim for a healthy environment that positively affects our students’ scheme of thinking and interaction. Our main objectives are:
To teach the fundamental processes that lead to educational excellence in all aspects of the school’s program by:
- Placing emphasis on understanding and discovery rather than on memorisation of factual information
- Providing motivations which encourage inquiry and curiosity, thus encouraging self-education.
- Providing small-group and individualized instruction when possible and maintaining a climate that encourages freedom of thought while stressing personal responsibility.
To develop an appreciation of the Omani cultural heritage and to encourage an appreciation of other cultures by:
- Promoting mankind’s search for understanding through cultural studies
- Providing cross-culture experiences that promote a spirit of good fellowship and international understanding through formal instruction, recreational and cultural activities.
- Encouraging discussion about the beliefs and conflicts of different cultures positively and objectively
To develop critical thinking by:
- Training the students to predict, compare and contrast, see beyond the words and analyse.
- Enhance students’ logical thinking through the weighing of advantages and disadvantages.
- Training the students regarding study skills and emphasizing the importance of always moving from easy to more difficult questions
- Nurturing the creativity of the students
To develop a link in education by:
- Teaching integrated subjects and thematic topics
- Applying the activities of one subject to different subject matters
- Helping students encode information according to an organized schema.
- Integrating information technology of all subjects and at all grade levels
To encourage worthy membership in society by:
- Allowing freedom of discussion
- Inviting parental involvement in the school on an individual basis, as groups and during Parent- Teacher Conferences Stressing personal responsibility in a group as well as in individual activities
- Fostering links between the school, the community and industry
To encourage constructive use of leisure time by:
- Employing faculty members who have a sense of purpose, moral character and dedication, as well as a willingness to communicate with students in a manner that encourages the development of self-worth.
- Helping students discover their own capabilities.
- Helping students become aware of historical and modern people of integrity and their contribution to humankind.
- Helping students develop a sense of dedication and commitment for the benefit of humanity.
Stay updated! Subscribe to our informative newsletter for the latest insights and news. Subscribe us now!